Monday, August 23, 2010

A lot has been going on in my life lately. The biggest change has been moving to a new area. This is a refreshing new path for us as previously we'd lived in the county i'd lived in on and off since i was 7. While i consider that area one of many homes (most of my family still lives there), it had grown stale and confining for me. We're making a new start here and we're all very excited.

Artistically, a lot has been happening, too, as i've talked about in recent posts. i can feel my voice coming closer to the surface every day, and sometimes the ideas come so quickly i barely have time to write them down before another pops up. i'm exploring new media and growing more sure of my abilities to manipulate that media to tell my story.

Our recent move is opening oppurtunities for us, one being the availability of high speed internet. For the past 7 years, we've lived in rural areas where the only options were dial-up or satellite internet. The former is, ofcourse, extremely limiting and the latter costs too much. Now we finally have high speed at home, and now i can finally do something i've wanted to do for awhile now - try to sell my wares online. To start with, i want to open a shop on etsy. i know the biggest challenge will be getting noticed, as there's so many wonderful artists out there. i've never been published in a magazine and i usually fly under the radar, so i'll have to try to get out there in some way. i'll always make art, whether or not anyone likes it or is willing to buy it, but i wouldn't turn down compensation for something i love to do and devote so much of my time to (happily!).

i'm excited, and maybe a little nervous, about this new turn in my life, but the change is a good one.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have an artful day!

4 comments:

  1. You make such beautiful, inspiring art, I don't think you're going to have any trouble selling your wares. Once you find that niche that starts bringing in the attention, stick with it, and good things will grow. Best of luck with all of your exciting new adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement, Mary! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! Congratulations on a new start! I've been fiddling with the idea of opening an etsy shop for a long time so I know how scary that can be! I can't wait to see your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lisa! You definitely should open a shop! i LOVE your creations and have no doubt they would sell.

    ReplyDelete