Monday, October 19, 2009

Let this caged bird fly...

This is a collage i did recently. i started by painting 140 lb. watercolor paper with antique white acrylic paint. Then i masked off certain areas - the birdcage and the swirls at the bottom - using artists' masking fluid. The next step was to rub on some Distress Ink and add some stamping (flowers, dots, leaves). i then removed some of the masking fluid and stamped the birds flying out of the cage; i wanted some to remain in the cage and some outside. i next removed all the masking fluid, added more stamping, rubbed on a light coat of antique white acrylic paint, added some Stickles to the birds and called it done. Oh, and i outlined the birdcage with a Sharpie. i think that's it... :) Sounds like it all happened quickly but it was actually a process that took a few days and i stumbled a bit along the way. The flowers i was unhappy with, but after buffing a little with acrylic paint that seemed to help.

Thanks so much to anyone who stops by. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! i can accept criticism. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment