Sunday, September 27, 2009

A peek inside my current art journal.

First off, thanks to anyone who still visits my blog despite my sporadic posting habits. We're still without high speed internet at home, though apparently the phone company's working on that...ahem. i can't believe we moved from the boonies to a more populated area and still don't have high speed available, aside from satellite, and i am NOT paying those prices.

Anyway, i hope everyone's doing ok! We're good, though the economy is really hurting the tattoo business. Looks like this stay-at-home mom might be looking for work soon after many years of only working at home. That will be a big change! Wish me luck!

With my son back in school, i have more time to work in my studio, between laundry, cooking and cleaning house, ofcourse. i still make lots of cards, but have lately focused more on my lifelong passion for mixed media and collage. The blank book i got in February for art journaling is now about halfway to completion. Today i'm sharing a few snippets of it.


These pages were inspired by an issue of Somerset Studio (or maybe it was one of their other publications...?) that focused on black and white. It's not visible in the photo, but there's a lot of texture here, with embossing and paint. In the bottom photo, the top reads "art saves my life".

Thanks for stopping by, and i hope y'all have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say about this. It's so good I'm in awe. The B&W is stunning. Soul-ful, gut-grabbing and beautiful. Is that a vine stamp? I really like the look of this LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, D! That's a stamp from the set Leafy Silhouettes...i can't remember right now who makes it, but it's a branch-like stamp.

    ReplyDelete