Wednesday, February 25, 2009

If it isn't going to snow...

...i'd rather it be Spring. So far this year we've had only a couple dustings and some flurries. Bah, i say! i know some of you reading have been bombarded by snow, but here we're really lacking.

The crummy weather hasn't hindered my creative spirit, though - i've been playing in my craft room a lot recently, not only making cards, but also working in my art journal. i hope to show some snippets from that soon, but for now it's mostly a work in progress. So more cards...

Trying out different color combos here. This card is much cutesier than what i normally do, but it was fun. And i love images of trees. i got this stamp set at Michael's for $6! Can't beat that!

Ingredients: CS - Colorbok, stash; PP - K & Company; stamps - Colorbok Friendly Forest, Studio G (letters); ink - Colorbox Chalk, Versamagic; ribbon - Offray, A.C. Moore; buttons - stash; brads - MM; pop-dots.


i love bird images, too...could you tell? And these colors are my comfort zone. i always wish people a double "Happy Birthday".

Ingredients: CS - stash, Bazzill; PP - We R Memory Keepers; stamps - Inkadinkado Gem Stone Birds, Studio G (border), PTI Paper Tray; ink - Versamark, Colorbox Chalk, Pallette Hybrid; ribbon - Bobbin Ribbon; chalk; white gel pen; pop-dots.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a happy day!

2 comments:

  1. You can HAVE our snow! Blech.
    I am impressed with the color combo on the deer card Jessica! It's awesome. Did you layer two ribbons? I love how that looks, especially with the buttons. And your owl card is cool. I like how his head and body are paper pieced in different colors. And ric rac too! I LOVE ric rac...you've inspired me to get out my stash and use it again!

    Hey, not sure what kind of music you are into, but check out the Weepies. (www.theweepies.com)
    There is a small blue blob on the bottom of the screen. hit play to listen to some samples. I have that album and am making some cds for friends. I will send you one if you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dana! i did layer two ribbons on the first card.
    i'll have to check out the Weepies. My dial-up often prevents me from being able to listen to music online, so i might have to wait until i go to my mom's.

    ReplyDelete