Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dragonfly birthday card and my first criss-cross card...

i've been making a lot of new cards but can't show most of them here just yet. Some are for an order and some are for friends who might see them before they arrive in the mail. Here's two i can show.

This one is for my MIL's birthday. She loves dragonflies (Paul even tattooed one on her arm!), so i thought this dragonfly from Technique Tuesday's Boho Buzz set was a perfect choice. i inked and embossed it and then added some Stickles. Simple, but i know she'll like it.

Ingredients: CS - Bazzill, Paperbilities; PP - MME; stamps - TT's Boho Buzz, Papertrey Ink's Papertray; ink - Versamagic, Colorbox, Ranger Archival; ribbon - American Crafts; brads - MM; EP - Stampendous; Stickles; pop-dots; envie from Papertrey Ink.

And here's my first ever criss-cross card! i really enjoyed making this; it was a nice change from the standard card. i love this PP from MME, even though i'm not a huge pink fan - it reminds me of a hankerchief. This is actually part of my customer's order, but i'm hoping she either won't see it before i send them out, or won't mind me sneaking it in! ;)

Ingredients: CS - Bazzill, Paperbilities; PP - MME; stamps - Brenda Walton's Garden Words, Rhonna Farrer's Swirls V:1; ink - Versamagic, Colorbox Fluid Chalk, Ranger Archival; brads - MM; Stickles.

Thanks for stopping in! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. I really love the dragonfly card Jessica. The dual color wings are beautiful. And that pale blue ribbon is gorgeous!

    As for the pink criss cross---WOW! I'm so in awe of amyone who can do those crazy folding cards! THe PP rocks and that pink Bazzill is so perfect on the front...the texture really shows up well.

    And you can POST the card you sent me! OMG. Let me say it again! OMG! My jaw litterally opened so far when I ripped in to the (AWESOME)envelope. You totally outdid yourself on this one Jessica. I'm planning on showcasing it on my blog because I love it so much. THank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are FANTASTIC. I love the colors on the dragonfly, and your criss cross card just ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete