Thursday, October 25, 2007

Christmas sneak peeks...

i have been spending hours over the last few days in my craft room, hunched over my desk making Christmas cards and working on the batch for my customer. i have so many things i want to show here, but can't yet. Some of the x-mas cards will be going to people who read my blog, so i don't want any spoilers. i do, however, have some little sneak peeks of the x-mas batch...





i've been making good use of the new Papertrey Ink set Take A Bough (thanks, Dana!) - it's a lot of fun to play with!

This year i decided to keep most of my x-mas cards fairly simple, relying more on paper and stamps than embellishments like ribbon and metals. By doing this, i'm able to make more cards more quickly (a big plus since, like last year, i plan to make all of the cards i need to send out and not rely on any store-bought ones) and i spend less on shipping.

Well, i'm off to make some grub for Z.'s dinner. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. OMG. That ornament sneak peak is GORGEOUS. How did oyu make it look two-toned with shading??? Amazing! Please share your secret.
    I love that the colors are more victorian (like my actual ornaments from my grandmother) instead of bright cheery red and x-mas green.
    Can't wait to see the WHOLE thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Dana, I can't wait to see the whole thing either! Looks just great. Colors are fantastic, I specially love the violet and golden one. I wish I had your talent and patience to do such things! I can play with clay for hours, but when it comes to paper my patience is gone too soon :).
    If I read your blog every day, will I get one too? ;)

    ReplyDelete