Tuesday, July 3, 2007

inspire...

Finally! i've been trying for 3 days to upload this card, with no success until now. Every time it would almost finish, my internet would sign off on its own. Very frustrating!

i made this card after seeing Nichole Heady's post about watercoloring embossed images. i used watercolor pencils, but i think it still fits the bill. i rarely use this color scheme, but i like the overall product. See the corners punched around the brads? i don't have a ticket corner punch (i hope to get one at some point, love that punch!) so i just used a hole punch, which is why it may look a bit crooked. Oh, i forget the exact dimensions of the card, but it's bigger than a regular size card - roughly 7" x 5".

Ingredients: CS - blue/black/white from my stash; PP - My Mind's Eye; stamps - Hampton Art Stamps (main image), Inkadinkado (sentiment), SU!'s Noteworthy (label); ink - Versamark, Versamagic, Ranger Archival; watercolor pencils; EP; ribbon - A.C. Moore; brads from my stash; pop dots.

TFL, and have a splendiferous day! Happy 4th to everyone if i'm not on here again until after!

2 comments:

  1. You are rockin' the watercolor pencils girlie! What an awesome card. I like larger size cards--more umph for your art, ya know?

    Fun, fun card Jess. Who's it for????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jess!! I just used this same stamp in one of my classes (I haven't posted any pics yet). I love the stamp it has so many possibilities!! Great job with the watercolor pencils-love the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete