Thursday, July 19, 2007

Flower cards...

Sorry i've been absent for awhile! Life, as usual, can be hectic sometimes, and this takes a backseat to many other priorities. These are a few of the cards i've made in the last few weeks. i'll upload some more later, in the next day or two.

i love Brenda Walton's Garden Words stamp set, and find myself coming back to it often. The flower stamp shown here is from that set. i stamped them with Ranger Archival ink then colored them using watercolor pencils. i cut them out and attached them with brads onto the circles. It's hard to see in this picture, but there's a small yellow circle in the center behind each flower. IRL, this adds an extra "pop".

Other ingrediants: sentiment from Papertrey Ink; PP is Rob and Bob Studio; ribbon, CS and brad is from my stash; blue ink is Versamagic.

i like this card overall, but i think seeing it now that the cream CS where the sentiment is stamped is too much - i should have shrunk that down.

Ingredients: PP - Rob and Bob; CS - stash; stamps - big flower from MM foam flowers set, stem, leaves, grass from Inkadinkado's Tree set, swirls by Studio G, sentiment is Papertrey Ink; ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ice Blue, Colorbox Lilac, Versamagic Spanish Olive, Ranger Archival; Ranger Star Dust Stickles (flower center); brad from my stash; pop dots.

More Rob and Bob PP!

Ingredients: PP - R and B; CS - stash; stamps - MM (dots), Papertrey Ink; ink - Colorbox Lilac, Versamagic Spanish Olive, Ranger Archival, Marvy LePlume II marker (faux stitching on border); ribbon - Wal-Mart; dimensional glue; EP; pop dots.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope everyone has a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, Great cards, all three! I like the middle one best, something about the LO just grabs me. I LOVE that PP too, and I can see the yellow behind your watercolored flowers. Ties right in with the sentiment!
    So glad to see you posting again Jess, I was really missing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flower cards!!! Love all the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so great!! But I think I like the 1st one the best--love the colors.
    I know what you mean about life being so hectic at times! With three boys this summer I feel lucky when I can post to my blog more than once a week!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete