Monday, June 25, 2007

Art heals.

Art has always offered me comfort and solitude during difficult times in my life, as well as made the happy times even happier. i'm sure it's the same with most, if not all, of you. Lately happiness is yielding this sudden spurt. That's always a good thing.

The day i made this first card, though, was not quite so happy. One of our three kittens died suddenly after a brief sickness. i had started the card the night before, and came back to it after she had passed the next day. It might sound strange, but this card is for her. She only lived 2 1/2 months, but during that time she gave all of us many happy thoughts.

Ingredients: White/orange/lavender CS from my stash; stamps: Rhonna Farrer - Swirls V:1, Brenda Walton - Garden Words, Papertrey - Paper Tray (text), Studio G (stems), Art Warehouse - Ribbons and Lace Set (faux rick rack); ink - Colorbox fluid chalk, Ranger archival, Ink It Up; chalks.

With matching envelope.

i made this card for someone special! (Don't want to say who, in case she reads this...)


Ingredients: Lime green textured CS - Colorbok, black CS from stash; PP - Basic Grey; stamps - Technique Tuesday, Skin Deep ; ink - Ink It Up, Ranger archival, Inkadinkado gold pigment; brads - MM; hand-written script.


For those who might not know, i love tattoos. My husband is co-owner of a tattoo shop and has been at it for 15 years now. i actually was interested in tattoos before we met, that was just a happy coincidence, or synchronicity, depending on how you look at it. Anyway, i was extremely excited to find a set of tattoo stamps by Technique Tuesday recently. The carp image in my previous post is from the same set. i also found a company making tattoo stamps. If anyone's interested, here's the link: http://astaarts.com/index.htm Fun stuff!


As always, thanks for visiting my blog, and have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. So sad. I'm sorry about the kitten.
    Beautiful cards though. I love how you make youe own PP--just so flippin cool Jess. I'm jealous.

    I'm liking that tatoo card too! I've never seen any TT stamps, so I'm gonna check 'em out.

    ReplyDelete